Please do not visit us if:
- You are experiencing any Covid-19 symptoms; or
- You have been in contact with someone within the last 14 days who has subsequently contracted the virus.
COVID MEASURES FROM 30th November 2021
To our fantastic climbing community: We’ve come a long way together in the last few months and we are optimistic for the future. We feel we have struck a good balance and built a solid reputation for Covid safety and looking after our team in the Northern Lakeland Climbing Centres. Now we are entering the winter months, COVID cases are on the increase and with the rise of new strains and the unknowns they bring we have taken the decision to pre-empt the next step. As the government is reintroducing compulsory mask wearing in shops, other retail and public transport we have decided to make face coverings compulsory in our Center at all times except when climbing.
Due to rising cases coming at the same time as the Government lifting restrictions, the three months ahead could be the most challenging for us yet.
The goals of our Covid polices are to:
- Protect our customers from increased risk of transmission in our Centres;
- Maintain our reputation for safety;
- Reduce pressure on the team to enforce mask wearing and social distancing by putting the responsibility on the climbing community; and
- Bring our policies more in line, where we feel is appropriate, with Government guidance and general practice.
Details of Measures
Controlling our capacities allows you to maintain social distancing while climbing and reduces the risk of transmission. Ventilation also plays a key part and we continue to maximise this at all of our Centres when needed. We will monitor and adjust this capacity if needed.
|Site||Maximum Capacity||Capacity from the 30th November|
Masks will remain the hot topic and now with the Government mandating masks in shops other retail and public transport we have taken the decision to review our own policies. From the 30th of November mast are required at all times except when climbing . Full breakdown as follows:
|Who||Mask policy from 19th July 2021|
|Staff Team||Masks 100% of the time away from counter.
Masks off when solo working.
Setters – masks off in setting areas.
|Independent climbers||Masks on in proximity to Reception and in corridors etc to protect staff.
Masks on when NOT climbing or using gym equipment or seated in café areas.
|Instructed climbers aged 12 and up.||Masks on with exemptions allowed whilst climbing.|
|Aged 11 & under||Masks optional – encouraged but not enforced. Not enforced at reception as under 11’s are ‘exempt’, but under 11’s should be moved through reception area as quickly as possible.|
A few miscellaneous updates:
- Our full-time team members are increasing lateral flow testing to three times per week and part-time staff twice per week. This is to help identify potential transmission within the team early
- We will maintain our regular cleaning
- Hand gel will be readily available around the Centre
- We will be keeping our Perspex screens at reception
- Social distancing will no longer be enforced by the team but signage remains in place.
- You will still need to check out at the end of each session so we have accurate tracking records for Public Health England if needed.
- The café is fully open.
Our recommendations while climbing at our Centres to reduce transmission of the virus:
- Please adhere to our mask policy where possible.
- Maintain 1m+ plus distance from other climbers as much as possible
- Keep conversations with our staff team brief as they serve hundreds of climbers each shift
- When socialising with other climbers, keep your distance and wear a mask where possible
- Sanitise your hands on arrival and regularly throughout your session
- Get vaccinated as soon as you are able, if you are able
Our Covid-19 Risk Assessments are here
Some Final thoughts
Trying to give you unhindered but safe access to our Centres in the coming months will be a tricky balancing act. Thank you in advance for your support and cooperation with our evolving policies. We keep them all under regular review.
Thanks for reading and, if you have questions, don’t hesitate to get in touch with us through [email protected] or chat to a member of Staff.
The LancasterWall team.