Please do not visit us if:
- You are experiencing any Covid-19 symptoms; or
- You have been in contact with someone within the last 10 days who has subsequently contracted the virus.
COVID MEASURES FROM 1st February 2021
To our fantastic climbing communities: We’ve come a long way together over the past year or two! Thank you for all your support and for your cooperation as we worked our way through the waves of COVID and the mountains of government guidelines. Now we are hopefully entering the tail end of the Omicron wave but COVID cases are still high. The hope is they will continue to decrease as the days get longer and warm up, but please bear with us through the last weeks of winter and help us to keep our staff safe by continuing to wear masks where possible and avoid visiting the Centre if you feel unwell. We are requesting that all our customers to continue mask wearing in the Reception and circulation areas, and we strongly recommend that you consider using masks in climbing areas when they are crowded. We feel we have always had our customers best interests at heart and have led the way with COVID safety and looking after our teams in the Lakeland Climbing Centres. Don’t forget if our staff stay well, we can keep the Centre open so you can come climbing!
Details of Measures
Controlling our capacities allows you to maintain social distancing while climbing and reduces the risk of transmission. Ventilation also plays a key part and we continue to maximise this at all of our Centres when needed. We will monitor and adjust this capacity if needed.
|Site||Maximum Capacity||Capacity from the 1st February|
Good ventilation has been shown to play a key part in reducing transmission and we continue to maximise it at our Centres. We appreciate this means it can be a tad chilly and we encourage our customers to come prepared with warm clothing. Please help us maintain our ventilation and don’t be tempted to shut the windows. By continuing to wear masks as COVID reduces we can reduce the level of ventilation slightly as we know that at times it is too cold in the Centre and we would love to close the doors more often! We use regular CO2 monitoring at all our Northern Centres and will increase ventilation whenever readings exceed 800ppm.
There is no longer a legal requirement to wear a face covering. However people are still advised to wear one in crowded and enclosed spaces where they may come into contact with people they do not normally meet. The Full breakdown of our recommendations are as follows:
|Who||Mask policy from 19th July 2021|
|Staff Team||Masks are recommended 100% of the time away from counter unless eating or drinking in the café.
Masks off when solo working.
Setters – masks off in setting areas.
|Independent climbers||Masks are requested in proximity to Reception and in corridors etc to protect staff.
Masks are recommended when NOT climbing or using gym equipment or seated in café areas.
|Instructed climbers aged 12 and up.||Masks on with exemptions allowed whilst climbing.|
|Aged 11 & under||Masks optional – encouraged but not enforced. Not enforced at reception as under 11’s are ‘exempt’, but under 11’s should be moved through reception area as quickly as possible.|
All of our instruction is back up and running! Yay! We have kept the group sizes smaller and our sessions are carefully managed with COVID in mind. We also offer the option of private/ exclusive sessions for those who prefer to be in a their own bubble. Perfect for family and friend groups during the holidays! Masks must be worn by all participants aged 12+ unless the instructor indicates otherwise, masks are optional but encouraged for those 11 and under.
A few miscellaneous updates:
- All our team members will be doing regular lateral flow testing. This is to help identify potential transmission within the team early.
- We will maintain our regular cleaning
- Alcohol hand gel will be readily available around the Centre
- We retain our screens at Reception
- Social distancing will no longer be enforced by the team but signage will be in place
- You will need to check out at the end of each session so we can manage our capacity limits
Our recommendations while climbing at our Centres to reduce transmission of the virus:
- Please adhere to our mask policy, staff will enforce this, if you refuse to comply you may be asked to leave
- Maintain 1m+ plus distance from other climbers as much as possible
- Keep conversations with our staff team brief as they serve hundreds of climbers each shift
- When socialising with other climbers, keep your distance and wear a mask if in a crowded area
- Sanitise your hands on arrival
- Get vaccinated as soon as you are able, if you are able
Our Covid-19 Risk Assessments can be read here
Some Final thoughts
Trying to give you unhindered but safe access to our centres is a tricky balancing act. Thank you in advance for your support and cooperation with our evolving policies.
We keep them all under regular review.
Thanks for reading and, if you have questions, don’t hesitate to get in touch with us through [email protected] or chat to a member of Staff.
The LancasterWall team.